Youth Advocate Solutions: Summit on LGBTQ+ Systems-involved Youth
This is day one of a two day summit. Service providers, researchers and others, save the date for day two of the summit, April 18, 2019 (6 CEUs will be offered).
- Identify and offer alternatives to policies and practices that lead to cycles of systems-involvement and, often, housing instability for LGBTQ+ youth.
- Highlight policies and procedures that keep LGBTQ+ youth safe.
- Identify key components for creating cultural change within systems so that policies can have their full and intended impact.
- Identify opportunities to build the capacity of families and communities to support systems-involved LGBTQ+ youth.
- Provide learning opportunities on factors that lead to the overrepresentation of LGBTQ+ in systems and ways of addressing them for organization, agency and institution staff.
- Supporting youth who are aging out of systems and community programs
- Coordinating support for youth across systems
- Creating safe school environments
- Building the capacity of families to support youth