Pride Action Tank
Kim L. Hunt
leader in improving the health, safety and progress of individuals and groups within the LGBTQ+ community.
Ms. Hunt is responsible for launching and operating new initiatives under AIDS Foundation Chicago and also serves as the Senior Director of Policy and Advocacy Operations there. In these roles, she builds relationships among stakeholders and a culture that enables inclusion and innovation by ensuring that all participants can fully participate in co-creating ideas and community.
Operationally, she leads program development, fundraising efforts, staff engagement and development, media relations, and communications to the media, and builds relationships with current and potential collaborators and stakeholders.
- Iowa State University, B.S. in Journalism and Mass Communications·
- University of Illinois at Chicago, Masters of Urban Planning and Policy
- Harris School for Public Policy Studies, University of Chicago, Masters of Public Policy
Recognitions and Awards·
- Human Rights Campaign Community Leader Award, 2019
- Crain’s 2019 Notable LGBTQ Executives·
- Robbie Smith Award of Excellence, Affinity Community Services, 2019
- Community Leadership Award, Center on Halsted, 2017
- Lifetime Achievement Award, Cook County State’s Attorney, 2017
- Advocate of the Year, Illinois Safe Schools Alliance, 2016
- Induction into the Chicago LGBT Hall of Fame, 2016
- Civic Engagement, Community Service and Community Organizing Award, UIC Gender & Women’s Studies Program, 2014
- Ubuntu Leadership Award, United African Organization, 2013
- Alumni Award, Minorities in Public Policy, Harris School of Public Policy Studies 2013
- Women & Girls Inspiring Change Award, Global Girls, Inc., 2013
- PFLAG National Celebrates The Heartland Honoree, 2011
Operationally, she supports program planning, board and committee meetings, fundraising, communications, budget tracking, advocacy logistics and events management.
Contact Jackie Thaney – firstname.lastname@example.org